Also Published on Huffington Post UK
1. Free is good. We should make as many things as possible free.
2. Making more things free will make us more free – because we need access to resources in order for freedom to mean anything.
3. Everyone will feel more free because of the lack of gates/checkouts and the reduction of the use of money will free our minds from having to constantly think about money.
4. There will be a stronger sense of community as we will all be able to share a wider range of social spaces and meet there as equals.
5. So free is better for everyone, not just those with less resources.
6. Free means: paid for out of general taxation and free at the point of use. Continue reading